The Executive Accelerator programme is designed for mid-career professionals looking to take the next step in their career. Whether you have recently taken on new responsibilities in your current position or are looking to develop leadership skills or launch a new enterprise, this programme is intended to provide you with that injection of confidence and new contacts you need to succeed.
Participants are likely to have at least five years’ experience in the sports industry, whether within clubs, commerce, agencies, associations, media or management. However, participation is not limited to professionals in the sports industry. We invite participants from all types of organisations, backgrounds and countries to apply.
The Executive Accelerator programme is open to participants aged 18+. All prospective students are required to complete an online application form that can be completed in a few easy steps.
Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance. Once submitted, we will review your application and will email you to let you know when your place has been confirmed.
To complete an application, you’ll need to:
- Fill out your basic information
- Submit a Personal Statement (up to 250 words) describing your motivations for joining the programme
- Pay the £40 (inclusive of VAT) application fee
- Supply a copy of your most up to date CV. This must be submitted in English.
- A reference from a professional contact (this could be from a current or previous employer)
There are no formal English entry requirements, however if you are not a native speaker, we recommend you have an intermediate level of English so you can have the best study experience and be able to communicate with your tutors and fellow students.
Once an application is fully submitted, the Admissions Committee will review it. If the Admissions Committee decides that more information is needed, you will be invited to a virtual interview. Applicants can be admitted or rejected without an interview.
All applications are carefully reviewed by our Admissions Committee. Each application is reviewed holistically and qualified students who have demonstrated both a genuine interest in come from a strong and relevant professional background will be considered for admission to the programme.
Students will receive an admissions decision via the email address provided on their application within one to two weeks. Accepted students will be required to submit a non-refundable deposit.
Space is strictly limited so we strongly encourage students to submit their applications as early as possible. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, however there are key deadlines:
Application Deadline: 5 September
Fees and Payments
To confirm your place on the programme, you must pay a £3000 deposit by the invoice due date.
Applications are subject to a non-refundable £40
This one-week non-residential programme is £8,850 (inclusive of VAT). Fees cover:
- All tuition and practical course materials
- Leadership assessment tools
- Tours and social activities
- Scheduled group meals
- Transport during the programme between London and Manchester
- To confirm your place in the programme if accepted, you must pay the £3000 deposit upon acceptance.
- Programme fees do not include any other services, including but not limited to accommodations, transportation to/from the Programme, meals that are not on the Programme schedule, purchase of incidentals, health insurance or services, or other costs that might arise prior to or during the Programme.
Deposits and fees are inclusive of VAT.
For many Executive Accelerator students, it may be possible for their employers or another sponsor to pay all or part of their fees. If you have confirmed sponsorship, you may add them in your application. If accepted, your sponsor will be contacted to provide payment. We encourage you to speak to ask your Human Resources department about your company’s policy on continuing or executive education.