City Football Leadership Institute is delighted to announce an exciting new partnership with BSC Education.
Next Gen – Manchester
Applications now open! Take advantage of our 15% early bird discount which is available until March 11, 2024.
Kick off your career in the global sports industry.
Next Gen aims to connect the next generation of leaders with the sport industry and give them their first experience of what a future career in the sector could look like. This unique summer residential programme takes students inside the world of Manchester City and offers a hands-on immersion into the business of sport.
Course leaders will guide students through interactive workshops and group activities that will bring programme topics to life. Our learning framework is designed to enhance both business and personal development, to support with excelling in any future environment.
Join us on Tuesday 5th March (6pm GMT) for a free virtual information session via Zoom. Find out more about the programme, hear from course leaders, and ask our team of experts any questions you may have. Sign up for our virtual open house by clicking the button below.
Students will experience:
- Immersive Learning: experience the sports industry first-hand, with interactive workshops and unique behind-the-scenes access
- Industry Experts: meet a wide range of innovative experts, covering a wide range of industry topics
- Career Development: understand opportunities within the sport industry and start developing your network
- Leadership Skills: develop skill sets that can be applied in both sport and business
Next Gen will be an experience of a lifetime, from the friends you meet to the learnings you’ll be able to apply to your ongoing education, career, and interest in sports.
Next Gen is organised around the key pillars of sport, business and personal growth. Each day will focus on a theme, from leadership to entrepreneurship, or a deep dive into psychology or branding.
Interactive workshops include:
- E-Sports Session: Participate in an E-sports competition and learn what that multibillion-dollar industry has to offer. Develop your skills and challenge them and your peers to a match in the E-sports arena.
- Commercial Sponsorship: Explore commercial sponsorship within the sports sector and gain access to experts who deliver these deals.
- Data Analytics: Build your understanding of data’s role in high-performance sport and how it is used as a critical piece of analysis across individual and team performance.
- The Future of Fan Engagement: Engage in discussions on the future of fan engagement by exploring the impact of technology and innovation on the fan experience.
- Performance Psychology: Gain insights into the mind’s impact on performance by learning techniques and strategies to improve focus.
- Social Media Content: Understand how to produce engaging content for a variety of social media channels. Absorb knowledge from sports marketing experts and test your new skills by creating social media content for a new campaign.
Students will also enjoy various group activities* outside of the classroom making this summer programme truly an experience of a lifetime. Highlights include:
- VIP Etihad Stadium Tour: Go behind the scenes at the home of Manchester City with a VIP tour of the Etihad Stadium. Visit the Home Team dressing room, walk out of players’ tunnel and go pitch-side.
- National Football Museum: After hours visit to the National Football Museum, get up close to historic memorabilia, and access their cutting-edge interactive football games.
- Football Coaching: Learn about training and coaching from professional coaching staff at Manchester City’s Academy
*Activities subject to change.
All Next Gen programme options include:
25 Hours of interactive workshops per week
Leading industry experts
Behind the scenes access
Certificate of completion & Closing ceremony
VIP Etihad Stadium Tour, home of Manchester City
Accommodation and all meals provided
Personal development plan & digital learning system
Upon completion of Next Gen, students will have:
- A certificate, presented at our closing ceremony
- Been inspired, increasing their educational and emotional horizons
- Built an international peer network with shared interests
- Strengthened their CV and university applications
- Had fun and made new connections, which can support health and wellbeing
Who Should Attend
We invite students, aged between 14-17, from all backgrounds and countries to apply for Next Gen.
The programme is designed for those interested in:
- Studying sports management/business at university
- A future career in the sport industry
- Developing an entrepreneurial business
- Wanting to develop their leadership skills
Manchester is a thriving city in England known for its many universities and cutting-edge cultural scene, in addition to being an internationally renowned footballing centre and home of two major Premier League clubs.
Enjoy newly built facilities in Manchester’s student district. The Manchester accommodation is in the heart of the city within an award-winning university residence.
Students will each have their own room, with an en-suite toilet and shower, and access to shared kitchen and common rooms.
- 24/7 Student Living Reception
- Kitchens with open plan lounge / dining areas
- Spacious communal area with large flat-screen TV
- Laundry facilities
- Small gym suite
- Foosball, table tennis and pool tables
- CCTV is in operation at all times
Next Gen is open to students 14-17 years old. Students must be 14 years old by the first day of the programme. All students are required to complete an online application, which can be completed in a few basic steps. As students work through their application, they may save their progress and return to the application before final submission.
- Fill out basic information
- Complete personal statement
- Pay a £40 application fee
- Submit supplementary materials
- Required: Government-issued ID stating DOB: Acceptable forms include a birth certificate, passport or National ID card, original MOD/military ID card, or a permanent resident card or PASS accredited card (such as CitizenCard).
*Applications will not be considered complete until all required supplementary materials have been received. Failure to submit required supplementary materials by the application deadline may result in rejection or declined admission.
Returning & Deferred Students
Students who have previously attended Next Gen can submit a simplified application in a few basic steps. Application fees will be waived for returning and deferred students. In the simplified application, you will only be asked to fill out basic information.
Admission to Next Gen is competitive. All applications are carefully reviewed by our admissions committee. Admissions officers seek talented student leaders with diverse interests, ambitions, and writing styles. The committee strives to select critical thinkers who will contribute to a well-rounded, academically engaged community of students.
Please note that all supplemental documents must also be submitted for your application to be considered.
Monday, February 5 (Early Decision)
Monday, March 11 (Priority + Financial Aid)
Monday, April 8 (Regular)
The final deadline to be considered for financial aid is March 11, 2024. New requests for financial aid received after this date will not be considered.
Tuition & Fees
Students live in dorm-like facilities in the city centre.
Program Cost (1 week)
Tuition + room and board
£2,488 Total Cost of Attendance £2,488 Program Cost (2 week)
Tuition + room and board
£4,976 Total Cost of Attendance £4,976
Day Programme (Non-Residential)
Students commute to class every day and do not receive room and board. Lunch included.
Program Cost (1 week)
Tuition + lunch only
£1,880 Total Cost of Attendance £1,880 Program Cost (2 week)
Tuition + lunch only
£3,760 Total Cost of Attendance £3,760
Students may enrol for either week or both.
Please note all prices listed include VAT.
An Early Bird rates at a 15% discount is available for all registration options until 11 March 2024.
Limited Financial Aid support is awarded based on evidential financial need. To be considered for Financial Aid students must submit a completed programme application, followed by a specific Financial Aid application.
Financial Aid is awarded to students who have been accepted onto the programme and who are deemed eligible to apply for Financial Aid.
Students are notified of their Financial Aid decision at the same time as their programme admission decision. The final deadline to be considered for Financial Aid is 11 March 2024, but students are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Failure to submit all required documentation* and complete the programme registration may result in a rejection or declined offer.
*UK students must submit P60 tax forms, proof of income or confirmation of benefits as part of the application process. All documentation must be translated into English before submission.
The Next Gen 2024 Manchester brochure can be downloaded by clicking here.
City Football Leadership Institute
City Football Leadership Institute offers invaluable insight, bespoke education, and unrivalled access for those aspiring to excel within the business of football, sport and beyond.Learn More